Tools, training and frameworks for managing stress risks at work
Hi and Welcome to SSPPT!
SSPPT stands for Stressful Situations Profiling and Planning Tools.
These tools help with:
- Stress risk assessments and risk management
- Stress management in teams
- Stress management in individuals
- Both preventing stress and reducing stress
- Coaching and therapeutic interventions with stressed individuals
- Return to work following stress-related illness (or other common mental health problems)
- Profiling stressful situations, including work and non-work issues
- Benchmarking stress in organizations, teams and individuals
- Developing stress management plans to minimize risks
- Evaluating and reviewing stress management plans
- Personal and professional development
So the tools are useful for:
- Managers (anyone who manages teams or individuals)
- Individual employees
- Occupational Health (Practitioners and Companies)
- HR and those managing workplace wellbeing
- Health and Safety
- Vocational Rehabilitation Professionals
- Psychologists and other Mental Health Professionals
- Coaches and Therapists
- Wellbeing Consultants and Businesses
SSPPT is a set of stress management tools and templates designed to help organizations, individuals, managers, and those working with individuals (like coaches, OH practitioners, VR practioners or therapists) manage stress risks more effectively. What that means is that your workplace can become better for wellbeing and that you, or the people you support, can take the steps needed to prevent and reduce stress. You can find out more about how the tools can be used on the applications page. From this site you can also access training to use the tools.
Linked to the tools is an overarching stress risk management framework called APMR to simplify stress management for organizations and help with culture change or policy development. The tools and framework are free to access and use. Please note that you need to be registered on this site to access the pages where you can download the tools or information on the framework. It's very easy to register. Please use the link on the top right of any web page to register or log in.
My name’s Alan Bradshaw. I’m a business psychologist based in the UK. I’ve worked in the field of stress management for nearly 30 years, including with large organizations such as the UK Health and Safety Executive (HSE), easyJet, BAE Systems and the UK Government’s Department for Work and Pensions (DWP). You can find more about me if you want on the About page, or check out my social media links (which you can find embedded in the header image above.
As I’m now approaching retirement and wanted to give something back, I made the decision recently to make my tools much more widely available. I’ve therefore given them a Creative Commons license, so that anyone can freely use and share them with others.
There are a couple of things I ask for before you can download the tools and use the framework.
- Firstly, I ask that users commit to undertaking some training to use understand the tools’ applications and use them appropriately. You can find links to training on this site.
- Secondly, I will also politely ask a few questions (see the tools access form) about who is using them, where and what for, so I can build up a picture of their use here in the UK and across the world.
- That done, you can download and use the tools as many times as you want. You can also adapt to tools to suit your needs. If you want to share or recommend them, or have others access and download them, that’s great, delighted for you to do that! But can I ask that you share the link rather than the tools themselves? That’s so that they can make the same commitment to training and brief sharing of information that you have.
If you have any questions about this, or you would be interested in partnering with me to make the tools and training available to your clients, managers or employees, please contact me directly to discuss.
Online training courses are available for individuals, managers and coaches / therapists. I also provide consultancy and training for organisations if you’re looking for something more bespoke. As I'm revamping this entire site, you might not find live links to the tools or training straight away. Please contact me if that's the case so I can keep you updated as to when they will be live and online.
Thanks for visiting. I hope you find the tools, framework and other resources useful and I look forward to connecting with you.
Alan Bradshaw, Business Psychologist